Spring Group Drive

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
the cat ferry service all done, won't have a chance to see the catamaran.

ashame to make a ghost town. A pile of subes going through is not a bad idea.

default_smile.png

I still have some to do things on my old one, can't say for sure yet if I can join up.

what is bangorians doing to meet up with the group?

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I was thinking of just making the drive and meeting in people in augusta, even though it is kinda out of the way to bar harbor from bangor, but that's the whole point of the drive, is to drive.

Anyone else from bangor gunna follow me down? we can set a meeting point at say..dysarts? fuel up and leave to meet the rest in augusta?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
^ can you have all the cops go into hibernation that day? They deserve a day off...

GClark

Alright here's my idea for the group drive in the spring:

Meet in Augusta. @ 8am.

Stop for gas in bucksport.

Rt17(or 202) to Rt1 to Rt3 to Park Loop Rd

$10 entrance fee...

Enter Bar Harbor at 10:30-11. Park loop rd takes an hour or two so lunch at 11:30-12:30 depending on how fast the drive is. The park says 3-4 hrs with stops, but Im assuming were not making stops.

Lunch at the top of Cadillac mt? Bag lunch..

Leave the park 1-2.

rt 3-1-17(or 202) and back in augusta for 4:30,5.

Route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=augusta+me&daddr=44.40581,-69.16945+to:Main+St&hl=en&geocode=FWAgpAId3j_X-ymdxKyv_QCyTDEtCyJkjUijeQ%3BFTKUpQId1o7g-ylpQGCENQ2uTDHbhqXYRooMbw%3BFZP3pAIdGGPv-w&gl=us&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=12&via=1&sll=44.347177,-68.171883&sspn=0.126686,0.308647&ie=UTF8&z=12

Park Loop Rd in Bar Harbor:

acadia-map.gif

We should be hitting Bar Harbor before tourist season, so hopefully *crosses fingers* the roads will be mostly empty.

Whaddathink.

Last edited by a moderator:

abenson100

I think ill just wait for you guys at the park entrance.

or possibly make a few runs up and down Cadillac on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
if any decide to go to the park again, I suggest getting the season pass, and it isn't much more, just can't remember the price

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Geez.. Jumping right from Bucksport to Bar Harbor is Boring.. missing a whole bunch of fun driving roads in between those two points.. make a Ride down in Castine, Cape Rosiers, maybe into Deer Isle/Stonington, Brooklin, Blue Hill.. Missing a great Drive there... and only Park Loop. man you folk from North Boston don't know much about up this way do you...
default_biggrin.png
There are TONS of awesome cruising roads on MDI...... Just Sayin..

Having said that, I'll most likely go.. unless I have a Clinical Day that day for my medic class...

Nate

Founding Father
Alright here's my idea for the group drive in the spring:

Meet in Augusta. @ 8am.

Rt17(or 202) to Rt1 to Rt3 to Park Loop Rd

$10 entrance fee...

Enter Bar Harbor at 10:30-11. Park loop rd takes an hour or two so lunch at 11:30-12:30 depending on how fast the drive is. The park says 3-4 hrs with stops, but Im assuming were not making stops.

Lunch at the top of Cadillac mt? Bag lunch..

Leave the park 1-2.

rt 3-1-17(or 202) and back in augusta for 4:30,5.

Whaddathink.

Do you own stock in Bucksport gas station? I don't think I want to stop there that many times.

GClark

Do you own stock in Bucksport gas station? I don't think I want to stop there that many times.
Ooops
default_redface.gif

Once on the way in, once on the way out. I picked Bucksport because the gas station is right off the main route, which would allow for a more orderly and faster refuel. But this is why I posted the route, so we can critique and change it. Rez, thanks for the suggestions, we could do some side roads on the way there.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Ooops
default_redface.gif

Once on the way in, once on the way out. I picked Bucksport because the gas station is right off the main route, which would allow for a more orderly and faster refuel. But this is why I posted the route, so we can critique and change it. Rez, thanks for the suggestions, we could do some side roads on the way there.

G: We'll have to go for a ride something soon, and I'll show you some roads you could throw into the mix.. good mix of roads, and views..

Latest posts

Back